Save the Date: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Event: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premiere
Date: Tuesday, September 24

Even if I immediately pass on 90% of the new offerings, and then later drop 90% of what I originally pledged to watch, I'm always excited to read about the fall television season. So much promise! I haven't seen the full slate for the upcoming season, but there is one show that has already leaped to the top of my list. I recently admitted that the superhero genre is starting to lose its luster for me, but that's mostly because the same tropes keep getting recycled. If a story involving people with remarkable powers could be told with a fresh perspective, I'd be all over it.

Enter Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - premiering on ABC this September. Though Jed is the Whedon serving as showrunner, Joss co-wrote the pilot, and directed it as well, so let's go ahead and raise our hopes now. The show centers on Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg, who's great in everything) and his special ops team trying to deal with a world in which there are emerging super-humans. I don't know how much the show will even involve said super-humans - it might solely (or at least heavily) focus on the members of the agency.


And actually, that sounds kind of cool. Naturally, properties in the superhero genre tend to revolve around those with the powers, but it would be neat to write stories centered on the normal people who interact with them. I don't know any of the planned stories (or if they hew to ones in the comics), and have not read up on the characters. I'm intentionally keeping myself mostly in the dark on this one. I trust the people involved enough to know that only someone with super-strength will be able to pull me away from the screen on September 24.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Slice of Lime