Song of the Summer 2013 Contender: "Q.U.E.E.N."

It's imperative that a Song of the Summer have some groove to it. Based solely on that criterion, it's not hard to see why "Q.U.E.E.N." (performed by Janelle Monáe, featuring Erykah Badu) has muscled its way into contention. It's not the most imaginative song I've ever heard - the tune is pretty repetitive, and I can't see the lyrics becoming embedded in my brain like a lot of other combatants in this particular contest do.


But honestly, who cares? I love both Monáe and Badu's voices, and every time this song kicks up, my shoulders get to popping. I doubt this tune will win either the podcast's contest or the one taking place inside my heart, but even if it doesn't, it's guaranteed to make me want to jack the volume up every time it comes on.

Song of the Summer Odds: 4:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Slice of Lime