Summer Movie Preview: May 2015

Let's try something a little different this year. Let's sort the movies that Entertainment Weekly has published in their annual Summer Movie Preview into categories. I love calendars and everything, but I should really feature the things that have most caught my attention. So, since the summer movie season starts earlier these days, let's begin with May!

The Main Attraction: Oh, this one's easy. May's tentpole is going to be Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1). I'm not in love with every Marvel movie, but I did really like the first Avengers, and I trust Joss Whedon. I've managed to keep myself in the dark as far as plot and everything (I haven't even seen the trailer), so I'm very much looking forward to seeing if this one can keep up the high expectations I have for this series.

Looks Promising: I'm always up for a good disaster movie, and San Andreas (May 29) looks like it'll fit the bill just fine. There's also Brad Bird's Tomorrowland (May 22), a futuristic sci-fi which looks about fifty kinds of intriguing.


Possible Rental: If I can go with the Rum Crowd, I might consent to see Pitch Perfect 2 (May 15), but if not, that's a clear wait-for-Netflix title. The first one didn't wow me.

We'll See: Low on the radar, but at least present. There's a period drama (Far From the Madding Crowd - May 1), a buddy comedy with Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara (Hot Pursuit - May 8), and a Kristin Wiig movie in which she plays a woman with a borderline personality who wins the lottery (Welcome to Me - May 1).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Slice of Lime