Save the Date: Assassin's Creed III

Event: Assassin's Creed 3 release date
Date: Tuesday, October 30

I enjoyed the first Assassin's Creed game, but it didn't blow me away. The story was incredibly intriguing, but the gameplay was a bit sparse, and protagonist Altair was somewhat of a cypher. After seeing some beautiful clips of Assassin's Creed II, I felt I had to give the series another shot. Boy, am I glad I did. The story became even more expansive, the setting much more visually appealing, the protagonist (Ezio) more deeply realized, and the game itself was exponentially more entertaining. So much so that I also bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, even though I'm not much for expansions. That one was amazingly fun as well, so I regret I haven't had a chance to play the other expansion (Assassin's Creed: Revelations). After three games, though, I felt it was time to give Ezio a rest.

It seems the game designers felt that way, too, because here comes a new Assassin's Creed game. Now that our protagonists have explored exotic locales like Crusade-era Jerusalem, Renaissance Italy, and Constantinople's Ottoman Empire, the action comes closer to home by shifting to the Revolutionary War in America.


This series has been on a hot streak, and I can only hope it continues. Break out the controllers! It's time to slice and dice some Redcoats.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Slice of Lime