The State of the Art: Movies 2018

Hey, remember that pledge last year to see more story- and character-driven movies and fewer superhero blockbuster popcorn fluff? I sure hope you don't, because it still seems like those kinds of movies are the ones that draw me to the theater. I guess it makes sense; I save the prestige movies for streaming at home, since theaters are kind of a chore now, and then I don't get to the films I promised myself I'd watch. Anyway, I did manage to see a good handful of movies this year, so here's the ranking of the 2018 films:

Game Night (A-)
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (A-)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (B+)
Black Panther (B+)
Avengers: Infinity War (B+)
A Quiet Place (B+)
Crazy Rich Asians (B+)
Searching (B+)
Alex Strangelove (B)
Ocean's Eight (B)
Ralph Breaks the Internet (B)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (B)
Bird Box (B)
Ibiza (B-)
Sierra Burgess is a Loser (C+)
Ready Player One (C)


And the ranking of all the pre-2018 flicks I finally got to:

Lady Bird (2017) (B+)
The Incredible Jessica James (2017) (B+)
Ex Machina (2015) (B+)
The Last Dragon (1985) (B+)
13 Going On 30 (2004) (B)
The Big Sick (2017) (B)
Paddington (2014) (B)
Black Dynamite (2009) (B)
Happy Death Day (2017) (B)
Bride & Prejudice (2004) (B)
The Problem With Apu (2017) (B)
Ant-Man (2015) (B-)
Blacula (1972) (B-)
The Greatest Showman (2017) (C+)
Boss Baby (2017) (C+)
Jack and the Cuckoo Clock Heart (2013) (C)
Dolemite (1975) (D)
The Apple (1980) (F)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Slice of Lime