The State of the Art: Games 2017

It was a banner year for games, both tabletop and video. In the video game realm, I played previous favorites, like Fallout 4 and am still going strong on Overwatch. Tabletop wise, our gaming group is still not sick of Eldritch Horror, which is impressive.

As far as new video games, I really enjoyed both Year Walk and Cook, Serve, Delicious 2. What Remains of Edith Finch would have been a strong contender, but game bugs introduced disappointment into what was otherwise a hauntingly great game.



I also had fun with Mass Effect: Andromeda, despite its poor reviews, and am still making my way through games like Assassin's Creed: Origins, Civilization VI, and a remaster of Final Fantasy XII.

As far as tabletop, our group had a lot of fun with Descent, Between Two Cities, and in particular, T.I.M.E Stories, in which you must make several runs at the game to solve a mystery set in an old asylum.

And I can't forget my online forum Werewolf games, which are always challenging, but fun. I finally managed to pull out a Wolf win as an evil Russian spy and survive to the end. Take that, capitalists!

There were also a lot of fun RPG nights, from Dragon Age to D&D to Exalted to Miskatonic University. Gaming is one of my life's great joys, and having a fun group to play them with was definitely one of the highlights of 2017.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Slice of Lime